fbe Birmingham - fbe Traditional Review of the Year 2018
Date:12th December 2018
Time:7:15 AM - 9:15 AM
Hotel Du Vin, Birmingham
David is a popular figure in the city and is well known for his straightforward approach, his wry sense of humour and for his ability to hold the attention of an audience.
2018 has again been an exciting and eventful year with Brexit, Commonwealth Games and Channel 4 amongst the highs and lows. David will take both a serious and light hearted view of events that continue to transform Birmingham and the surrounding region, together with those key issues that have occurred that have impacted the city.
He will also give us his take on what 2019 is likely to hold for the region's industry and what opportunities may arise as a result. This enjoyable and always lively event is always well supported.
David has over 30 years of experience in the Investment Market. He was the Head of the Colliers International’s Birmingham office from 2007 through to the end of 2015, growing the team from 50 people to over 100 during the period.
David now leads the three man investment team for Cushman & Wakefield’s Birmingham office and has been involved with some of the highest profile acquisitions and disposals within the city and wider region. He recently advised on the largest speculative funding of a major distribution park in Coventry and offers the following services:
- Investment Acquisition and Disposals
- Sale and Leaseback Advice
- Development Consultancy
- Development Feasibility and Viability Analysis
- Group Strategic Portfolio Advice
David’s clients include: M&G, Hines, Moorfield, Rigby Group, Walsall Council, Leicester County Council, Stafford Town Trust and RLAM.
Major transactions for David include:
- Advised Rigby Group on the acquisition of Bournemouth Airport from Manchester Airport Group for £62.5M. The Airport included the 220 acre Aviation Business Park which comprises some 2.2 million sq ft of Office, Distribution, Industrial and Hangar accommodation and generates a total net income of c£4.5 million per annum. There are some 80 acres of developable land currently available.
- The Bond Digbeth – Advised Raltorten on the sale of a mixed use office residential scheme comprising some 75,000 sq ft of net lettable accommodation in the heart of Digbeth for £8.5M
- Imperial Park, Coventry - Provision of development funding advice to Rigby Group on a 29 acre site adjoining Coventry Airport. The scheme has consent for up to 650,000 sq. ft. of Distribution warehousing. A full speculative development funding package of £50M was secured from M&G.
- Walsall Council – Acquisition of the Saddlers Shopping Centre for Walsall Council for £12.5M, a 193,000 sq. ft. scheme in the heart of the town centre with both asset management and regeneration potential to enhance both value and the opportunity to stabalise the retail offer in the town.
David is one of the most passionate advocates for Birmingham and the region in the property sector.
In partnership with Birmingham City University